Are you curious about Animation and Multimedia? Are you good at drawing and need to precise your creativity through your work? Are you an animation enthusiast and need to require it up as a profession? If yes then we glad to provide you the information about various animations course in india. In this article we will try to explain you every aspect about animation and its animation courses. We will try to explain you:
- What is animation?
- Who are the animators?
- Why animation is good for career?
- What courses a person can choose to become an animator? And many more topics related to animation.
Let’s start with a brief explanation that-
what is Animation?
Animation is an art or processing in which a good hand on sequencing of photographic contents, drawings, designs and layouts is crucial later that can be integrated in any gaming or multimedia products such as video games, cartoon movies, advertisements, special acts in movies that cannot be possible in real-life and many more.
Multimedia includes all the visual and audio material that’s brought together from different sources and are put together during a single combination or clip. In easy words, animation is a process by which anybody can convey their messages or thoughts or ideas to the audience through character sketching. Field of animation is full of fun, magic’s and creativities.
We can say that it can bring anybody’s thoughts or ideas to virtual reality. It can be said that animation provides storytellers a unique way to tell their stories. Movies like ironman, spiderman, superman etc. are all animation movies.
Different Types of Animation:
• Traditional Animation:
In traditional animation, celluloid transparent paper is used to draw objects on it. In order to create the animated sequence of a character or scene, the animator must draw every frame individually. It’s the same process as a flipbook, just on a larger scale.
• 2D Animation (Vector-based 2D animation)
2D means 2 dimensional animations, is the term generally used when referring to traditional hand-drawn animation just as drawn on paper, but it can also refer to computer vector animations that adopt the techniques of traditional animation.
• 3D Animation
3D or three-dimensional animation is the art of using motion or movements to bring various character and objects to life within TV shows, films, and games. 3D Artists or animators are often involved in several early steps of the Visual effects pipeline in order to ensure they deliver an animation-ready model.
• Stop Motion
Stop motion animation is nearly same as 2 D animation. The only difference is that in stop motion animation real object frames are used instead of drawings. It means by using this technique a person captures multiple frames of a moving object and when these frames play rapidly n the screen, it creates the illusion of movement of the object.
• Motion Graphics
Motion graphics is a way to interact with the viewer, and add depth to the storyline. Together with music and effective visuals, they can give audience a message. We use them to create advertisements, title series for movies, videos and to share information.
Who are the Animators?
An animator designs and draws images and turns them into frames. He then uses some software or application tools to make an illusion of movement of objects. These small or big movements are what we refer to as animation.
Do you want to become one? The following are your basic and typical roles. Depending on the terms and conditions of your agreement or policy with an employer or client, you will be asked to come up with beautiful and interactive designs.
After this, you will be asked to present your designs for evaluation by all stakeholders including customers. You will also go together with other production team members to understand the needs of clients, to revise scripts, create storylines for videos and also edit projects when is indeed.
Your roles will equally involve:
• Listen the feedback about your designs and implement them on the next step,
• Provide visual form of information
• Tell story creatively with the help of images.
• Learning how to use the latest version of computer programs and staying up-to-date on trends within the creative industry.
• Creating result of animation projects that match the expectations and thinking of clients and/or your employer.
• Discussing contracts or agreements with clients and helping them understand the limitations.
Why animation is good as a career?
A career in animation is one of the most profitable and most-sought-after courses these days. With attractive salary packages and the personal space it offers, a career in animation could be the right choice for you. Movies, video games, advertisements and various other forms of media use computer animation as well.
Animations and creative media for the websites on internet are in a huge demand, and as a result, there’s no shortage of work and jobs when it comes to have a skill for the craft. Animation is art work by which a person or team can give life to an object or a character.
Here is a short list of some well known careers in the field of computer animation:
• Animation Technical Director – This is one of the highest positions on any production company. It involves directing process of animation movies and creating graphics for them.
• Graphic Artist – They make choice about designs, colors, and other aspects of a character or object. They also make cartoons and boost the appeal of advertisements and animated movies.
• Video Game Designer – This involves process of writing codes that makes character behave the way they behave. These codes are responsible to make them respond to commands.
• Animation Lighting Artist – Here the artist is responsible for brighten the scene, create a shadow, or create darkness during suspense.
• Art Director – The art director synchronizes activities and ensures everyone does their job perfectly. They used to supervise their team members about animation, lighting, commercials, movies, or TV shows.
• Cartoon Animator – They bring characters to life by their designing and drawing skills.
• 3D Artist – They create 3D effects on 2D characters making them become more visually real.
There are various career paths in computer animation fields, but the above are the most common. Some other careers include texture animator, lighting artist, modeler, layout artist, clean up artist, etc.
How to make your career in animation?
The best way to make career in animation is by getting a degree or diploma in animation. But a degree in animation is not very easy in India yet and a very short number of institutes offer these courses at present.
On the other hand, a lot of institutes are offering diploma courses in animation. For pursuing a diploma or degree in animation stream, the eligibility criteria includes a senior secondary education from a recognized board with at least 45% marks.
There are none special subjects that are indeed to be studied at this level. But aptitude in drawing, sketching and keen interest in computers is always considered important to get entry into the animation industry. It would be very favorable to study fine arts at the college level and BFA is an ideal way to give career a big push in the field of animation.
If a person is not pursuing fine arts but is instead continuing with some other stream, there are still chances to make out a career in animation. In such a situation, person must have an attitude and will to excel in animation.
LIST OF ANIMATION COURSES IN INDIA –
In India, Animation courses are available in below mentioned formats-
• Bachelor’s Degree courses
• Master’s Degree courses
• Diploma courses
• Certificate courses
• Doctorate Course
Let us check out some details about animation course:
1. BACHELOR’S DEGREE COURSES
These courses can be pursued by student right after their completion of higher secondary education. The duration of these courses is 3 years (6 semesters). Bachelor degree course in animation provides a chance to young artists to understand the nuances of animation and filmmaking.
Here are the main bachelor courses in animation criteria:
• BA in Animation & Multimedia
• B.Sc. in Animation & Multimedia
• Bachelor of Visual Arts (Animation)
• BFA in Animation, Graphics and Web Design
• BA in Animation and CG Arts
• BA in Animation and Graphic Design
• BA in Digital Filmmaking and Animation
• B.Sc. in Animation and VFX
• B.Sc. in Animation and Gaming
2. MASTER’S DEGREE COURSES
A master’s degree can make ready graduates to be experts on animation and can advance their careers. There are numerous employment opportunities with a Master in Animation. A candidate may become a storyboard artist, concept artist or character designer. These animators may come up with concepts or ideas that are used in movies and television shows. Production assistants are also the persons chosen from this pool.
Here is a basic list of master’s degree in animation:
• Master of Design Technology.
• M Litt in Comics & Graphic Novels.
• Master in Animation.
• Master in Animation Production.
• MA Design Specializing in Animation & Games Art.
• MFA in Arts, Technology, and Emerging Communication.
• Master of Arts in Animation.
• Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Animation & Visual Effects.
• Animation Theater (MA)
• Master in Character Animation
• Master’s in Stop Motion Animation
• Master in Animation and Multimedia Design
• M.A. Animation
• Master in Motion Graphics
• Animation & VFX M. Sc.
3. Diploma courses
Diploma courses are mainly designed to provide information of fundamentals of animation to the students. Diploma courses duration may vary from 3 months to 2 years depending on the course chosen by the candidate. After completion of Diploma in Animation and Multimedia course, one can try to enroll in M. Sc. in Animation field. Because that can open the paths of success for the aspirant in the media like in magazines, newspapers etc.
General diplomas in animation are:
• Diploma in 2D Animation
• Diploma in Animation and Filmmaking
• Diploma in 3D Animation
• Diploma in Animation and VFX
• Diploma in Digital Animation
• Diploma in Animation, Media Editing and Post Production work
• Diploma in CG Animation
• Diploma in VFX
4. Certificate courses
Certificate courses in animation are the short term courses available in the field of animation and multimedia. The duration of these courses can ranges from 3 months to 6 months depending on the nature of the course. 2D and 3D animation, digital graphics and animation, softwares like flash and Photoshop etc. are few of the basic topics taught in these course.
General Certificate courses are:
• Certificate in VFX
• Certificate in Editing, Mixing and Post Production Works
• Certificate in 2D Animation
• Certificate in CG Arts
• Certificate in 3D Animation
5. Doctorate Course
Doctorate course in animation also known as PhD in animation is for those candidates who want to teach in college or pursue a research career. Aspirants holding a PhD degree can be good leaders or innovators. The duration of this course can be 3years to 5 years.
Some general areas of Doctorate course in animation are:
• PhD in animation and visual effects
• MPhil in animation and visual effects
• PhD of Philosophy – Creative art and media
Skills Required for Animation Courses:
1. If you have a thing for creativity, Animation is one of the best career options.
2. Apart from creativity, you need to have a craze towards the field.
3. To become a good Animator, you need to have a good imagination power as well as sketching and drawing skills.
4. An Animator should be able to understand and catch the expressions of not only human beings but also birds, animals, and others.
5. The skill of the animator lies in how he/she presents the character with appropriate expressions.
6. An animator should have extra ordinary visualization skills as well as a flair for using colors.
7. Dedication, hard work and patience are essential to succeed in the career.
8. Teamwork and communication skills are also required to achieve success.
Therefore, if you have all the above skills, Animation is the best career option for you.
You may read-
Some job options after completion of these courses:
An animator is responsible for using several different techniques to produce moving images that will convey a specific message. They work with project teams and achieve various goals. An animator may also make changes in existing animations. They listen to feedback from the customers and fulfill their requirements as they want. The salary package of an animator can ranges between INR 4,00,000 – 6,00,000
An art director creates the content for graphics of the websites of various companies. The art director is also collaborated in continuous communication with the senior management team about the progress of their projects. She/he is responsible for managing all the different aspects of graphic design and will create a brand image for various companies. The salary package of an animator can ranges between INR 6,00,000-8,00,000
Film and Video Editor:
Animation aspirants may also take up the role of film and video editor for the animation projects. Their task is to make changes in the films and the videos until it meets the requirements of the director. The editors will also reposition all the scenes to create a complete and meaningful film. They rearrange raw footage, sound effects and graphics for the videos. The salary package of an animator can ranges between INR 6,00,000 – 10,00,0003D
A 3D Modeler uses many different types of animation tools to bring models of animation to life. This job has a huge extent in the engineering and advertisement industry. The 3D modelers create visual illusions in the minds of end users by adding animation effects to the models. The salary package of an animator can ranges between INR 5,00,000 – 7,00,000
Top Colleges offering these courses:
1. Andhra Loyola College, Vijayawada
2. Whistling Woods International, Mumbai
3. Maeer’s MIT Institute of Design, Pune
4. Brainware University, Kolkata
5. Unitedworld Institute of Design, Gandhinagar
6. Zee Institute of Creative Arts, New Delhi & Cochin
7. Amity University, Lucknow
8. Apeejay Institute of Design, South Delhi
9. Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
10. Karnavati University, Gandhinagar
Top Recruiters in Animation Field:
Thanks guys for reading this article. We hope this article will help you with all answers of your questions. In this article we try to provide you every basic detail about the Animation Courses in india and multimedia courses. Now it’s all on you to choose a course with your own field of interest.
Stay tuned with our website to read many more informative articles.
1,054 total views, 1 views today